The BRDR program aims to:
- Enhance the role of the Regional Consultative Committee on Disaster Management (RCC) in supporting member countries in implementing global frameworks and serving as a conduit for South-South learning, transboundary DRR, and knowledge-sharing;
- Promote inclusion and rights-based approaches in DRR and CR;
- Promote gender equality and women leadership for DRR and CR;
- Assist national government and local-level stakeholders to strengthen disaster preparedness and emergency response measures;
- Facilitate the use of risk information and sex-age-disability-disaggregated (SADD) data for decision-making processes;
- Mainstream DRR and CR into development policy and programs.
In it’s third year of implementation, the program has made significant progress under its various workstreams:
The program is supported by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and implemented jointly by the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB), the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) and the Raoul Wallenberg Institute (RWI).